We support people in the community and at work with a range of health, wellbeing and day-to-day needs.
A free service, funded by Essex County Council
What can we help you with?
- Stop Smoking
- Social Isolation
- Improving Sleep
- Children’s Lifestyle Service
- Physical Activity
- Emotional Wellbeing
- Weight Management and Healthy Eating
- Strength and Balance
- Support and Independent Living
- Reducing Alcohol Consumption
- Free NHS Health Checks or Wellbeing Check
- Find an activity that's right for you via Active Essex: www.activeessex.org/find-your-active
What does our support look like?
Our support varies based on your needs. This can include a listening ear, self-help programmes, peer support, one to one support, group support, or being connected to one of our partner organisations.
What if you don’t know what you need?
The Essex Wellbeing Service is here for you. We are not here to judge or to tick boxes. We’re here to help you live a happy and healthy life.
We’ll work with you to discover what your needs are by focussing on three questions.
- What are you able to change within your situation?
- What are your barriers and how can you work around them?
- How can you stay motivated to maintain the change?
These questions will help you to sustain any lifestyle changes that are necessary for improving your mental and/or physical health. To get started, contact us using the details below.
“We would like to record our deepest appreciation for this service including the initial telephone conversation to establish our needs. The woman I spoke to was very professional and competent.”
To visit the EWS website, visit www.essexwellbeingservice.co.uk. Here you’ll find out more about our services, as well as a whole bank of health and wellbeing content in the ‘News’ section.
Phone: 0300 303 9988
Times: Monday to Friday 8.00am to 7.00pm
Saturday 9.00am to 12.00pm