Our practice hosts the following services and clinics:
- Additional InformationAs a practice we have a particular interest in the community management of drug and alcohol problems. Please ask at reception for an appointment with Dr. Rikin Patel.
Asthma & Chronic Respiratory Disease Management
- Additional InformationWith the continuing advances in asthma and respiratory disease treatment all adult patients in this group should receive an annual check to ensure that the best treatment is being delivered. All asthmatic children under 16 should receive 6 monthly reviews.
Self-referral is encouraged, but if you do receive an invitation please try to attend.
Contraceptive Coil Insertion
- Additional InformationThis service is provided by Dr Katherine Cole
- Additional InformationOur diabetic clinic is available to diabetic patients who are being treated with insulin, tablets or diet. At the clinic patients have the opportunity to meet a doctor, practice nurse, and dietician to discuss all aspects of their diabetes care.
- Requires GP Referral?Yes
- Additional InformationOur dietician can provide advice and support to help with weight reduction. This clinic can also help with patients with Diabetes, raised cholesterol, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Cystic Fibrosis and many other conditions where dietary modification is necessary.
- Additional InformationWe are pleased to be able to dispense prescription medicines at both surgeries to a large number of our patients.
Due to Government regulations we are unable to offer a dispensing service to anyone living within 1 mile of another pharmacy.
Family Planning Clinic
- Additional InformationAll our nurses provide family planning services and advice on all forms of contraception, including pill checks, coil checks, cap fitting and advice about sterilisation and coil fitting.
Emergency Contraception is available to all ages from all GPs and Nurses.
Foreign Travel Clinic
- Additional InformationOur nurses are able to provide comprehensive information regarding your health when travelling. This includes the administration of all necessary vaccinations. As a registered centre we can provide Yellow Fever Vaccination. If relevant you will be offered advice on malaria and its prevention.
Vaccinations need planning, so if possible give us 8 weeks notice before your journey.
Please note that some travel vaccines and malaria medication will incur a cost (prices available upon request), and payment will be taken in advance.
Heart Disease Management
- Additional InformationOur senior nurses offer all patients with existing heart disease an annual heart disease management check. This is in line with government and local policy to help optimise your health and prevent secondary problems.
Invitations are sent to all patients in this group, so if you receive one please try to attend.
- Requires GP Referral?Yes
- Additional InformationThe nurses take an active role in the control of blood pressure. This care is shared with the doctors and patients may still have to see their doctor from time to time.
If you monitor your own blood pressure these clinics can review the results with you and offer guidance on how to monitor your blood pressure most effectively.
If you are taking medication for hypertension you may be asked to attend one of these clinics. If you receive an invitation please try to attend.
- Additional InformationWe provide antenatal care in partnership with our community midwifery team.
- Additional InformationOur clinicians are available to discuss mental health concerns and provide links to community based specialist services here appropriate
- Additional InformationWe perform some minor surgical procedures at the Practice. You will be advised on an individual basis on the most appropriate course of action.
- Requires GP Referral?Yes
- Additional InformationWe offer this population group an annual health check on request. Please contact the surgery to book an appointment with one of our practice nurses.
Palliative Care Support
- Additional InformationEden Surgeries believe that everyone approaching the end of life has the right to the highest quality of care and choice as to their preferred place of care. Where appropriate, we are part of a strong team dedicated to the management of final illness at home. This is facilitated by regular meetings involving the Practice Team, District Nurses and support from the MacMillan Nursing team.
- Additional InformationAll our nurses are trained in smoking cessation and offer a committed service to helping those who wish to stop. Self-referral to this nurse led clinic is encouraged.
Well Baby Clinic
- Additional InformationIn conjunction with our health visitor we provide a well baby clinic, which includes our child immunisation service. This clinic offers the opportunity to have your child’s development checked and for you to discuss any concerns.
Well Man & Health Promotion Clinic
- Additional InformationThis includes blood pressure, BMI (body mass index) and if necessary urine and blood tests. Our aim is to promote men’s health and to detect early signs of disease.
Well Woman & Health Promotion Clinic
- Additional InformationThis includes blood pressure, BMI (body mass index) and if necessary urine and blood tests. We will also arrange cervical screening where appropriate. Our aim is to promote women’s health and to detect early signs of disease.
To attend one of these clinics please ring our reception on 01279 730616.
Nursing Services Offered At Eden Surgeries
- Arterial Doppler Assessments
- Asthma/Respiratory disease management
- Cervical Cytology
- Child Immunisation
- Diabetes Management
- Advanced Dressings
- Family Planning / Contraception advice
- Foreign travel vaccination/information
- Hypertension Management
- Male hormone injections
- Menopause advice
- Well Man health promotion clinics
- Well Woman health promotion clinics
Our Health Care Assistants offer the following services:
- Blood pressure checks
- B12 Injections
- Some Dressings
- Ear Syringing
- ECG recording
- Hearing tests
- New patient checks
- Pneumonia, Covid19, & Flu vaccinations
- Shingles vaccinations
- Smoking Cessation
- Suture / Clip Removal
- Weight Monitoring